In my search for fun ways to pull back my own long locks, I have seen a lot of mohawk braids that are trending. Personally, I have always been a fan of the dutch braid and braids in general, because that was the easiest way to tame my crazy hair. So, I decided to mix this up with another classic, the ponytail. This look is super easy to recreate and it looks very fun too! You can wear this out or even just around the house, which is why I love this look so much. Follow the steps below to recreate the look!
1. Grab a section of hair from the front of your head and separate it into three equal strands. I traced a line with my fingers starting from the edge of my eyebrows upwards into my hair. Then I took a triangle chunk of hair as seen in the picture below and split that into 3 strands to begin the dutch braid.
2. Continue the dutch braid until the top of your ear. You want to dutch braid (same as a french braid except you want to pull the strands with added hair under the middle strand rather than over, as you would in a french braid). Then, you want to keep adding hair until you get to the top of your ear (see pictures below). But, you want to continue a regular braid for the rest of the length of your hair and then tie it up with a clear elastic.
3. Pull that braid apart. Pull apart your braid (as seen in the picture below) until you have the desired “fatness” of your braid.
4. Pull the rest of your hair into a ponytail. Now you want to get the rest of your hair, including the braid, into a ponytail in the middle of the back of your head (see below).
5. Take a section of hair from under the ponytail and wrap around. From underneath your ponytail, take a small section of hair and wrap it around the elastic holding your ponytail in place so that it is covered. This gives the look an elegant and finished appearance, rather than seeing the hair band. Bobby pin the hair underneath the ponytail, making sure that it is secured.
Here is the finished look! I like to leave out the wispy hairs from my ears and such because they don’t fit well into my braids (and end up coming out anyways).
That’s it! This look is really simple and a fun romantic-rocker type look! I love it and will be wearing it a lot. If you guys try this one out, let me know how it goes and if you like it as well! Enjoy this sunny Sunday – I’m headed out to eat… yumm! I think I just heard my belly growl.