With all the dry, cold air, especially this winter, I have upped my skincare routine for my face. The winter is already a time when I tend to wear more makeup on my face, mostly because I’m so pale during this time of year. But because of all that extra makeup, my pores tend to be more clogged than usual and I’m finding that I have a lot more breakouts. Plus, that harsh, dry air really has a drying effect on my skin, so I have been on the lookout for some really good products that are not too expensive and very alleviating for my dry, acne-prone, winter skin.
Here are the products that I have been using this winter:
– At nighttime, if I have any makeup on, I first remove both my eye makeup and facial makeup with the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelletes (1). This really helps to begin the cleansing process.
– Next, I take the Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub (2) and really scrub that into my face. I love love love scrub facial cleansers because I feel like they exfoliate and cleanse the dirt out of my pores better than other cleansers, but that’s just my personal preference. This scrub has been doing wonders on cleaning out my pores this winter and it’s not expensive at all. I think I got mine from Target for around $6 or $7.
– I also use a scrubbing brush like the Sephora Face Complexion Brush (3) because that helps me to get the facial cleanser to exfoliate and cleanse even more; and this is also not too expensive.
– After all of that, I really love to use a facial toner because it gives your skin that extra-clean feeling after you’ve washed it and in addition to that, it smoothes out and refines the pores. I use the Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner (4) and also their Oil Free Acne Stress Control toner.
– And to finish off my facial skincare routine, I have been using a facial moisturizer because all of this cleansing, plus the dry air in the winter makes my skin super dry too. It starts peeling (especially around my nose and forehead) and nobody wants that. I love Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer (5). It is a great product, a little bit pricier than the others, but definitely worth it in my opinion. My sister introduce me to this probably a couple of years ago (she doesn’t know it, but whenever she is home I raid her makeup bag to see what she’s using and this was one of my favorite finds – thanks Em!).
I hope you guys find these products helpful because they have been doing wonders for me! Most are not that expensive and are staples for my winter skincare routine. Below I have added some alternatives that I have used before (and occasionally still do) and also really like. Let me know what you all think and if there are any alternatives that you use and love – I would love to try them out!